Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, situated in North India. The town was established in 1775 and is one of the fastest-growing cities in India; rated as the cleanest city in India by the National Swachhta status survey 2016 and Times of India-DNA survey 2017. Lucknow is the hub for culture, art, and craft. It is also one of the oldest cities in India and is famous for its Nawabi architecture. The architecture is unique, infusing both the Mughal and the Victorian elements into every building and street.
Unique designs like filigree, polki and kundan, and some even bear Indo-Islamic calligraphy in the buildings, suggesting it served as a cultural melting pot for the last three hundred plus years. It has a rich history, fantastic nightlife, and friendly people in Northern India. Moreover, it is also ideally situated for day trips to other points of interest in the country. A highway named Gomti in Lucknow has beautiful DDA flats built all over, with lavish gardens and parks.
Lucknow has always been a great place to live and study. However, the past decade has seen Lucknow's school education levels improve even further, with many world-class public schools.
The school education system in Lucknow follows the same pattern as other cities throughout India. The government or private organizations run the schools, and students follow a curriculum set by their respective institutions.
Students attend primary school from grades 1 to 5, middle school from grades 6 to 8, high school from grades 9 to 12 (grade 10 is optional), and college from degrees 13 through college graduation (it takes four years). The city has many educational institutes that provide quality education to students. Many students from all over the world come here to study.
Majority of schools in Lucknow are CBSE schools and ICSE/ISC schools. These schools offer rich resources, well-qualified teaching staff, and state-of -the-art infrastructure
1) Although there are many private institutions in Lucknow, most offer high-quality education at a very affordable price. You can get a quality education at a reasonable cost from these institutions if you study here instead of travelling out of town or abroad.
2) Lucknow has some of the best educational institutions in India with state-of-the-art facilities and excellent faculty members who strive hard to ensure that their students get an overall development through their unique teaching methodology.
3) The city has always been an important centre for higher education and at the school level. Several universities and colleges offer courses in various engineering, medicine, law, etc.
4) Many schools in Lucknow provide fee concessions for students from economically weaker sections (EWS) or low-income groups (LIG). Some even offer free admission under the Right To Education Act (RTE). This makes it possible for all children to avail quality education irrespective of their economic background.
5) Many schools offer quality education to students from all over India; CBSE or ICSE Board and other independent boards affiliate with these schools.
Top Five Day Schools in Lucknow
- Seth Anandram Jaipuria
- Excellia School
- Loyola International School
- St. Agnes’ Loreto Day School
- Scholars’ Home